Othus Vice
Welcome to the Vice!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Othus Vice
Welcome to the Vice!
Othus Vice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Novel Kars vs Elder God Demonbane

+5
trexalfa
ChaosKnight75
EVA_01
Kurohige
Gio Gio
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Novel Kars vs Elder God Demonbane - Page 4 Empty Re: Novel Kars vs Elder God Demonbane

Post by EVA_01 Mon May 04, 2015 2:59 pm

@trexalfa

NO, that is not my reasoning, don't put words in my mouth. Clearly you haven't read my posts properly, this what I said in the first page:

"But those characters you mentioned have shown limits. And I'm not saying "Oh BR showed no limits therefore blah blah" do not get me wrong, even if those characters haven't shown limits there are ways to put limits on them through logic and what their power scale could extend to, ect.

Here's my question that will seal this deal, if you manage to answer it convincingly, I shall bow down at your feet and change my view on NK entirely:

For a guy who could literally manifest his own imagination (And other fictional works but were not getting into that), besides his own imagination, what other limits are there? (Disregarding NK's own innate abilities)"

I'm arguing that his power is explicitly to summon fictional characters, and that's what it has been doing in the manga.
I said it can summon anything fictional barring Omnipoents, you said there are fictional characters X that it can't summon because "they're too powerful" without explaining your case or providing proof.

If anyone is being ridiculous it's you, I don't need to show anything.
EVA_01
EVA_01
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Novel Kars vs Elder God Demonbane - Page 4 Empty Re: Novel Kars vs Elder God Demonbane

Post by EVA_01 Mon May 04, 2015 2:59 pm

Anyway I'm done here, posting for 6 pages is quite enough.
EVA_01
EVA_01
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by trexalfa Mon May 04, 2015 3:09 pm

EVA_01 wrote:@trexalfa

NO, that is not my reasoning, don't put words in my mouth. Clearly you haven't read my posts properly, this what I said in the first page:

"But those characters you mentioned have shown limits. And I'm not saying "Oh BR showed no limits therefore blah blah" do not get me wrong, even if those characters haven't shown limits there are ways to put limits on them through logic and what their power scale could extend to, ect.

Here's my question that will seal this deal, if you manage to answer it convincingly, I shall bow down at your feet and change my view on NK entirely:

For a guy who could literally manifest his own imagination (And other fictional works but were not getting into that), besides his own imagination, what other limits are there? (Disregarding NK's own innate abilities)"

I'm arguing that his power is explicitly to summon fictional characters, and that's what it has been doing in the manga.
I said it can summon anything fictional barring Omnipoents, you said there are fictional characters X that it can't summon because "they're too powerful" without explaining your case or providing proof.

Sure, I'll do:

The other limits are its feats, which seems to be an alien concept to you in all your reasoning. If they haven't shown it, or there isn't any evidence it could summon the Beyonder, for example (even claims would be valid as proof, if you were not to find anything), they can't. Simple as that. The shown feats are not those of something that can summon universals up the wazoo, and you certainly don't get to claim they do because that is a no limits fallacy.

You don't need to show anything? Oh, my friend, you do. Refusing to show me evidence is bad debating, very bad debating. It's like, I should take you at your word, without scans nor anything? Nope, show proof, or your argument is invalid.
trexalfa
trexalfa
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by EVA_01 Mon May 04, 2015 3:16 pm

trexalfa wrote:
EVA_01 wrote:@trexalfa

Sure, I'll do:

The other limits are its feats, which seems to be an alien concept to you in all your reasoning. If they haven't shown it, or there isn't any evidence it could summon the Beyonder, for example (even claims would be valid as proof, if you were not to find anything), they can't. Simple as that. The shown feats are not those of something that can summon universals up the wazoo, and you certainly don't get to claim they do because that is a no limits fallacy.

You don't need to show anything? Oh, my friend, you do. Refusing to show me evidence is bad debating, very bad debating. It's like, I should take you at your word, without scans nor anything? Nope, show proof, or your argument is invalid.
Then you don't know me. It's just that for this ability it's different, you're applying shonen logic yet again.

You want proof it can summon fictional characters? Sure, here you go:
http://bato.to/read/_/307374/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-6-stone-ocean_v75_ch698_by_jojos-colored-adventure

Go read the chapter, because it's been summoning fictional characters all along, the power of the characters summoned does not hve to do with anything, because AGAIN, FOR THE LAST TIME *Letting out a big sigh*, their power doesn't matter, they're fictional characters, and your "arguments" do not make sense one bit.

This is my last post and I will not go on for 6 more pages, not convinced? Agree to disagree. Good day sir.
EVA_01
EVA_01
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Gio Gio Mon May 04, 2015 3:44 pm

Yeah man prolly should read that BR arc right there may shed some light on the whole "Feats"=Win battle going on.
But as EVA said agree to disagree.
Gio Gio
Gio Gio
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosKnight75 Mon May 04, 2015 4:41 pm

I'll say this. Props to everyone involved for keeping this mostly civil. If I could, I'd give each of you a bro fist for how awesome you kept this. Keep it up.
ChaosKnight75
ChaosKnight75
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by EVA_01 Mon May 04, 2015 5:08 pm

ChaosKnight75 wrote:I'll say this. Props to everyone involved for keeping this mostly civil. If I could, I'd give each of you a bro fist for how awesome you kept this. Keep it up.
*fist bump*

Thank you starry nipples. God I don't want to debate for 6 pages again, only did it twice XD

This nightmare could only continue if someone comes up and say "BR only works if you know the characters", I'd bash my head on a cornerstone, generating an explosion that would take reality with me.
EVA_01
EVA_01
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Gio Gio Mon May 04, 2015 5:26 pm

XDDD
*Brofist*
No prob man our goal is to always keep it civil man
Gio Gio
Gio Gio
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Taichokage Wed May 06, 2015 12:33 am

Elder God Demonbane ftw. Don't ask why. This battle is beyond logic and reason.
Taichokage
Taichokage
Council
Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarathustra Sat May 23, 2015 11:08 am

Since omnipotent characters were brought up, I would like to say this.

All fictional characters, even omnipotent characters, are limited in that they are only fiction.

So a character's supposed omnipotence wouldn't matter to a being that viewed him as nothing more than a fictional character anyways.

Also even if GER caps out at universal, that's still strong enough to beat STTGL, since STTGL didn't show any feats above universal.
Zarathustra
Zarathustra
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarathustra Sat May 23, 2015 11:24 am

Also why would Beyonder or other characters be in BR arc. Most people have never even heard of Beyonder or similar characters, and Araki most likely hasnt. BR only summoned well known characters.

Zarathustra
Zarathustra
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordlloyd7 Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:57 pm

I believe EGD would rape tbh via feats. Interesting comments tho.
Lordlloyd7
Lordlloyd7
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4