Othus Vice
Welcome to the Vice!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Othus Vice
Welcome to the Vice!
Othus Vice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Novel Kars vs Elder God Demonbane

+5
trexalfa
ChaosKnight75
EVA_01
Kurohige
Gio Gio
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Novel Kars vs Elder God Demonbane - Page 3 Empty Re: Novel Kars vs Elder God Demonbane

Post by Gio Gio Mon May 04, 2015 1:57 pm

Prove something has no limits?
Prove Goku can destroy a solar system.
Prove STTGL can resist Casualty.
Show some scans? Not that that'd be enough proof anyway.
And sure let me get you the stand page :3
And because it doesn't say it makes it less true? Goku you get your ass back down to Island level.
No better yet mountain level.
Novel Kars vs Elder God Demonbane - Page 3 500px-10
Gio Gio
Gio Gio
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Novel Kars vs Elder God Demonbane - Page 3 Empty Re: Novel Kars vs Elder God Demonbane

Post by EVA_01 Mon May 04, 2015 1:58 pm

@trexalfa
wow...2 pages of expalantions is not proof? What the heck have I been doing you think?

I offered proof, you offer counterargument, and I have seen nothing besides "they're too powerful to be summoned by BR".
EVA_01
EVA_01
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by trexalfa Mon May 04, 2015 2:00 pm

Gio Gio wrote:Prove something has no limits?
Prove Goku can destroy a solar system.
Prove STTGL can resist Casualty.
Show some scans? Not that that'd be enough proof anyway.
And sure let me get you the stand page :3
And because it doesn't say it makes it less true? Goku you get your ass back down to Island level.
No better yet mountain level.
Novel Kars vs Elder God Demonbane - Page 3 500px-10

And it still doesn't prove it lacks limits.

Hint: It's something impossible to prove.

EVA_01 wrote:@trexalfa
wow...2 pages of expalantions is not proof? What the heck have I been doing you think?

I offered proof, you offer counterargument, and I have seen nothing besides "they're too powerful to be summoned by BR".

Because that's my counter argument. It doesn't suit your taste, so using logic is suddenly "stupid".

Those "explanations" are extrapolations that have so many logic leaps it's not even funny, including things not ever mentioned in-setting, and of course, the classic extrapolation to infinity.
trexalfa
trexalfa
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by EVA_01 Mon May 04, 2015 2:00 pm

ChaosKnight75 wrote:
EVA_01 wrote:
ChaosKnight75 wrote:
EVA_01 wrote:
ChaosKnight75 wrote:Might as well come clean and say in a very rare moment in a debate, I lied in the GioGio vs Gurren Lagann thread since I REALLY wasn't in the mood for another GER debate. STTGL literally stomps if you ask me. If you want my argument, just look at what I've said before.
Let's not turn it into a GER vs STTGL debate here shall we? I can humour you if you want, GER beats STTGL badly.
Wasn't going to until everyone started throwing that thread out as an argument. Also STTGL controls all reality and probability on at least a Universal scale and low-Multiversal if you scale him to Anti-Spril due to the Multi-Dimensional Labyrinth it created and manipulated, which is specifically stated to hold several alternate universes. A reality warper on that scale is more then I can give GER alone credit in beating. Novel Kars is a completely different story I'll agree, but if we go the NLF route, I can make an argument amount Spiral Energy and general Rule of Cool and say they evolve enough to beat him anyway while on their way to take on their sworn enemy, Elder God Demonbane. After all, Spiral Energy has no definite limit in power and abilities one can achieve with it too.
Good thing I have this piece of text saved:

To Gold Experience Requiem range should be completely irrelevant. As you know, it can act within erased time as it negated Diavolo's attacks in erased time and put him in a death loop through causality manipulation. However, GER doesn't simply transcend time, it also transcends space because time and space are two sides of the same coin, you can't have time without having space and vice versa, there's a reason why they're called space-time instead of time AND space. So when Diavolo erases time, he also erases space, and so that means GER acted in both of the absence of time and space, or should I say, space-time. And so when you transcend space-time you transcend 4 dimensions, making distance and duration completely irrelevant. And that also means that GER is effectively a hyper-dimensional entity, at least 5-dimensional.

But then comes the next part, GER doesn't simply control causality, it also controls probability as these two are also two sides of the same coin and you can't have one without the other, look up probabilistic causation; these two concepts exist across all of existence because they are fundamental pivotal concepts, so that also means that GER's powers aren't "multiversal", they are way beyond that, they apply to all of creation, further cemented by GER transcending space-time.
And I see it as a Stand that affects the concept of cause and effect by nullifying the effect and for all we know, fell victim to Universal scale reality warping. Matches perfectly with the description said about it. Dude, OthusVice hasn't been this lively in a while. I'm loving it.
If only I could use non-canon material, lol. Anyway, you yourself don't know whether Gio was affected or not, so what I did is go off of what we had.

And yeah it's been dusty here, needed some fire.
EVA_01
EVA_01
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralVan Mon May 04, 2015 2:03 pm

Couldn't Novel Kars theoretically summon Kami Tenchi?
GeneralVan
GeneralVan
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Gio Gio Mon May 04, 2015 2:04 pm

>Exploration into infinity.
I'm curious on how one defines infinity. Something without limits right?
I mean if we wish to take a step back NK went to Heaven and multiplied EVERYTHING by infinity.
So BR is infinite in what it does and using what actually happened summoning a character that destroys all fictional characters something made from Annasui and WR's imagination has limits? Yeah i'll take it.,
Gio Gio
Gio Gio
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by EVA_01 Mon May 04, 2015 2:04 pm

@trexalfa
Official description of the stand power: Can summon fictional things

My conjecture: It can summon any fictional thing barring omnis

Your conjecture: Nope, not these X guys, too powerful.

Who's the one using basic logic? Definitely not you. Until you come up with something else other than they're too powerful I won't bother to reply.
EVA_01
EVA_01
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Gio Gio Mon May 04, 2015 2:05 pm

GeneralVan wrote:Couldn't Novel Kars theoretically summon Kami Tenchi?
Kami Tenchi is a piece of fiction you're correct.
But at the same time we leave BR as not being able to summon omni's as that'd really be NLF.
Reason being is when he went to Heaven why didn't he just take God's power? Was God above him? More than likely.
Gio Gio
Gio Gio
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by EVA_01 Mon May 04, 2015 2:05 pm

Yes, but it can't. Can't have 2 Omnis in a verse
EVA_01
EVA_01
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosKnight75 Mon May 04, 2015 2:08 pm

Are we really gonna throw the "Infinity" claim for Kars against his opponent whose feats and everything about it are described as Infinity X Infinity? Gimmicky yes, but still applies to that argument as at least meaning infinity.
ChaosKnight75
ChaosKnight75
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Gio Gio Mon May 04, 2015 2:12 pm

InfinityXInfinity=Infinity i'm glad you understand.
You cannot double infinity since its already infinite.
Gio Gio
Gio Gio
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosKnight75 Mon May 04, 2015 2:13 pm

If I'm allowed to use the Fallacy that Demonbane brings out a copy of itself piloted by Kami Tenchi and Joseph Joestar for this fight.
ChaosKnight75
ChaosKnight75
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by EVA_01 Mon May 04, 2015 2:16 pm

ChaosKnight75 wrote:Are we really gonna throw the "Infinity" claim for Kars against his opponent whose feats and everything about it are described as Infinity X Infinity? Gimmicky yes, but still applies to that argument as at least meaning infinity.
Why, do you wanna go that route? So far I've only been mentioning Bohemian Rhapsody, didn't even mention that Kars has Omnilock and infinite power when he reached Heaven and that he has every stand including their requiem versions.
EVA_01
EVA_01
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by EVA_01 Mon May 04, 2015 2:16 pm

ChaosKnight75 wrote:
If I'm allowed to use the Fallacy that Demonbane brings out a copy of itself piloted by Kami Tenchi and Joseph Joestar for this fight.
DO IT XDDD
EVA_01
EVA_01
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by trexalfa Mon May 04, 2015 2:17 pm

Who's the one using basic logic? Definitely not you. Until you come up with something else other than they're too powerful I won't bother to reply.

I'm just going to use another example:

Reinhard Heydrich, from Dies Irae. His weapon, Longinuslanze Testament, carries his commanders' special abilities, which are instantaneous kill, impossible to dodge or avoid, and impossible to outrun.

Official description of the weapon: It kills in one throw, it can't miss, and you cannot do anything but be hit.

"My" conjecture: It can absolutely kill anything in one blow barring omnis, and it cannot be avoided.

A sane person's conjecture: So, a barely above city level character via powerscalling one shotting a Celestial... not happening.

This is the exact shit you are pulling. That's to say feats are necessary, if not, we end with pretty stupid things which defy logic, such as Voldemort killing Thanos.

EVA_01 wrote:Why, do you wanna go that route? So far I've been mentioning Bohemian Rhapsody, didn't even mention that Kars has Omnilock and infinite power when he reached Heaven and that he has every stand including their requiem versions.

Could I ever see a scan from the novel itself? Or at least a source of info about it (preferibly in japanese, thanks).
trexalfa
trexalfa
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Gio Gio Mon May 04, 2015 2:20 pm

trexalfa wrote:

Reinhard Heydrich, from Dies Irae. His weapon, Longinuslanze Testament, carries his commanders' special abilities, which are instantaneous kill, impossible to dodge or avoid, and impossible to outrun.

Official description of the weapon: It kills in one throw, it can't miss, and you cannot do anything but be hit.

"My" conjecture: It can absolutely kill anything in one blow barring omnis, and it cannot be avoided.

A sane person's conjecture: So, a barely above city level character via powerscalling one shotting a Celestial... not happening.

This is the exact shit you are pulling. That's to say feats are necessary, if not, we end with pretty stupid things which defy logic, such as Voldemort killing Thanos.

EVA_01 wrote:Why, do you wanna go that route? So far I've been mentioning Bohemian Rhapsody, didn't even mention that Kars has Omnilock and infinite power when he reached Heaven and that he has every stand including their requiem versions.

Could I ever see a scan from the novel itself? Or at least a source of info about it (preferibly in japanese, thanks).
Novel is being translated by a friend and by buddy waters.
You'd have to go look that up it'd be impossible to give you a scan from a novel that's written and 700 pages long with like 4 pictures.
Gio Gio
Gio Gio
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Gio Gio Mon May 04, 2015 2:21 pm

And all that we speak is from the novel whether it be from a friend of mine named Spoderman or from Buddy Waters I get the same answers.
Gio Gio
Gio Gio
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by EVA_01 Mon May 04, 2015 2:25 pm

trexalfa wrote:

Except that example doesn't work at all because 
1. Reinhard is not city level
2. That's called scale. What I'm talking about is simply the ability to do just that, you're treating it as if it was a ki-attack from DBZ or something.
It's just the ability to bring fictional characters into life, nothing more, nothing less. The reason we've been going for 4 pages now is because you're over-complicating it and applying shonen logic.

Also, the info I got is from people who read the novel and are currently translating it, people I trust. Can't bring you any scans because it's still in the works.
EVA_01
EVA_01
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Gio Gio Mon May 04, 2015 2:27 pm

What EVA said.
Iv'e only got two he's got four same info being given.
Gio Gio
Gio Gio
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by trexalfa Mon May 04, 2015 2:28 pm

EVA_01 wrote:
trexalfa wrote:

2. That's called scale. What I'm talking about is simply the ability to do just that, you're treating it as if it was a ki-attack from DBZ or something.
It's just the ability to bring fictional characters into life, nothing more, nothing less. The reason we've been going for 4 pages now is because you're over-complicating it and applying shonen logic.

Also, the info I got is from people who read the novel and are currently translating it, people I trust. Can't bring you any scans because it's still in the works.

1.- Reinhard before reaching godhood is city level Laughing Longinuslanze has the characteristics I just told you about before Atziluth.
2.- Yes, and you propose BR can go up to a scale it hasn't shown. Ever.

As for the scans, I want them, or at least transcriptions of them. I would like to actually see some Kars' feats and achievements.
trexalfa
trexalfa
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by EVA_01 Mon May 04, 2015 2:31 pm

trexalfa wrote:
EVA_01 wrote:
trexalfa wrote:

1.- Reinhard before reaching godhood is city level Laughing

As for the scans, I want them, or at least transcriptions of them. I would like to actually see some Kars' feats and achievements.
1. Did Reinhard have Longinus before attaining Briah?
2. Doesn't need to show it if that's what it can do.

Gio can you link you to their stuff, there's also info on it from the wiki. Don't tell me you don't use wikis, you guys have been using the russian and the spanish wiki for Kami-sama. Sucks Gare probably won't continue his stuff
EVA_01
EVA_01
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosKnight75 Mon May 04, 2015 2:34 pm

EVA_01 wrote:
ChaosKnight75 wrote:
DO IT XDDD
And you said you didn't like my fanfiction ideas XD
ChaosKnight75
ChaosKnight75
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by trexalfa Mon May 04, 2015 2:37 pm

EVA_01 wrote:
trexalfa wrote:
EVA_01 wrote:
trexalfa wrote:

Gio can you link you to their stuff, there's also info on it from the wiki. Don't tell me you don't use wikis, you guys have been using the russian and the spanish wiki for Kami-sama. Sucks Gare probably won't continue his stuff

1.-And this is the guy who says I'm using ACF or that wocial bullshit. All my info comes from the novel itself cyclops Yes, Reinhard had Longinuslanze before Briah, that's something you know after having read at least Dies' third chapter before even getting into routes. Though maybe those characteristics were acquired after the commanders became Einherjar, and he already could use Briah by that point. But adquiring such abilities is an explicit capability of Longinuslanze, not of the Gladsheimr. Briah is not were the crazy stuff is at, Atziluth is. Reinhard's Valhalla is just city level at best, even when it's really versatile. And I don't know how we got into this.

2.- Yes, it does.
trexalfa
trexalfa
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by EVA_01 Mon May 04, 2015 2:41 pm

trexalfa wrote:
EVA_01 wrote:
trexalfa wrote:
EVA_01 wrote:
trexalfa wrote:

1.-And this is the guy who says I'm using ACF or that wocial bullshit. All my info comes from the novel itself cyclops Yes, Reinhard had Longinuslanze before Briah, that's something you know after having read at least Dies' second chapter before even getting into routes. Though maybe those characteristics were acquired after the commanders became Einherjar, and he already could use Briah by that point. But adquiring such abilities is an explicit capability of Longinuslanze, not of the Gladsheimr. Briah is not were the crazy stuff is at, Atziluth is. Reinhard's Valhalla is just city level at best, even when it's really versatile. And I don't know how we got into this.

2.- Yes, it does.
ACF? Wocial?
I only read Gare's stuff, which is why I asked.
Anyway, returning to that example there ya have it, you just answered yourself. If Briah Reinhard used Longinus against Mercurius who's a natural Atziluth user it wouldn't do sh*t, and that's called scale. And it doesn't apply to BR because it's not an attack.

3. Look up the Argument Clinic by Monty Python
EVA_01
EVA_01
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by trexalfa Mon May 04, 2015 2:50 pm

EVA_01 wrote:
trexalfa wrote:
EVA_01 wrote:
trexalfa wrote:
EVA_01 wrote:
trexalfa wrote:

1.-And this is the guy who says I'm using ACF or that wocial bullshit. All my info comes from the novel itself cyclops Yes, Reinhard had Longinuslanze before Briah, that's something you know after having read at least Dies' second chapter before even getting into routes. Though maybe those characteristics were acquired after the commanders became Einherjar, and he already could use Briah by that point. But adquiring such abilities is an explicit capability of Longinuslanze, not of the Gladsheimr. Briah is not were the crazy stuff is at, Atziluth is. Reinhard's Valhalla is just city level at best, even when it's really versatile. And I don't know how we got into this.

2.- Yes, it does.
ACF? Wocial?
I only read Gare's stuff, which is why I asked.
Anyway, returning to that example there ya have it, you just answered yourself. If Briah Reinhard used Longinus against Mercurius who's a natural Atziluth user it wouldn't do sh*t, and that's called scale. And it doesn't apply to BR because it's not an attack.

3. Look up the Argument Clinic by Monty Python

You mentioned a russian wiki and a spanish one, those are them. Anyway, following your reasoning, the Spear would kill Suigin since we don't see Reinhard use it pre-godhood, but we have no proof it wouldn't since it has no limit stated, and the commanders' Briah's are really hardcore in regards to having "no shown limits".

No, you should offer proof BR can make things in such a scale. That's how this works, since you were the one claiming it could, prove it. It's simple proper debating. I don't have to disprove shit, you have to prove it..
trexalfa
trexalfa
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next