Othus Vice
Welcome to the Vice!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Othus Vice
Welcome to the Vice!
Othus Vice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre retcon Beyonder vs Battler

+6
EG_Sage
Gio Gio
Chef_Banchou
ChaosKnight75
EVA_01
Akronawol17
10 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Pre retcon Beyonder vs Battler Empty Pre retcon Beyonder vs Battler

Post by Gio Gio Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:57 pm

Who takes this?
I'd say Battler due to feats.
But hey could be wrong.
Gio Gio
Gio Gio
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Pre retcon Beyonder vs Battler Empty Re: Pre retcon Beyonder vs Battler

Post by Akronawol17 Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:00 pm

Pretty sure Beyonder takes this, he did stomp LT iirc. It might not be a stomp, but he probably does win.
Akronawol17
Akronawol17

Back to top Go down

Post by Gio Gio Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:01 pm

He didn't stomp LT.
That was the Beyonders in the new edition.
Not Beyonder himself.
Gio Gio
Gio Gio
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Akronawol17 Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:07 pm

Didn't both stomp him?
Akronawol17
Akronawol17

Back to top Go down

Post by dhalsim Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:08 pm

LT is way below Battler. How does that feat put Beyonder above LT? Also Battler is all about conceptual attacks/defense. Marvel characters have no answer for that. Living Tribunal was beaten by generic energy blasts. Nothing conceptual there.
dhalsim
dhalsim
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Gio Gio Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:10 pm

Pretty much what this guy said.
Beyonder did not beat LT LT asked him to not destroy the universe.
The Beyonders the race did indeed beat LT
And all the abstracts
Gio Gio
Gio Gio
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Akronawol17 Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:11 pm

dhalsim wrote:LT is way below Battler. How does that feat put Beyonder above LT? Also Battler is all about conceptual attacks/defense. Marvel characters have no answer for that. Living Tribunal was beaten by generic energy blasts. Nothing conceptual there.
I was just using LT as a measuring stick, i agree that Battler us above him, but not enough to stomp imo. I just recall PR Beyonder being nigh-omni.
Akronawol17
Akronawol17

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef_Banchou Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:15 pm

Hmm...I once heard that PR Beyonder was nigh omni...I'm not sure how much water that holds, but it would make the difference in this fight. If he was nigh omni, then he wins. If he wasn't, then he still has a good chance of winning, but Battler would as well.
Chef_Banchou
Chef_Banchou

Back to top Go down

Post by dhalsim Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:27 pm

Akronawol17 wrote:
dhalsim wrote:LT is way below Battler. How does that feat put Beyonder above LT? Also Battler is all about conceptual attacks/defense. Marvel characters have no answer for that. Living Tribunal was beaten by generic energy blasts. Nothing conceptual there.
I was just using LT as a measuring stick, i agree that Battler us above him, but not enough to stomp imo. I just recall PR Beyonder being nigh-omni.

Battler would one shot LT and Beyonder with Golden Key IMO. High level conceptual shenanigans are too much for Marvel characters.
dhalsim
dhalsim
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by dhalsim Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:27 pm

Chef_Banchou wrote:Hmm...I once heard that PR Beyonder was nigh omni...I'm not sure how much water that holds, but it would make the difference in this fight. If he was nigh omni, then he wins. If he wasn't, then he still has a good chance of winning, but Battler would as well.

I think you mean omnipotent? Beyonder wasn't omnipotent, and omnipotence shouldn't be used as a shield in VS debates anyways.
dhalsim
dhalsim
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef_Banchou Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:30 pm

dhalsim wrote:
Chef_Banchou wrote:Hmm...I once heard that PR Beyonder was nigh omni...I'm not sure how much water that holds, but it would make the difference in this fight. If he was nigh omni, then he wins. If he wasn't, then he still has a good chance of winning, but Battler would as well.

I think you mean omnipotent? Beyonder wasn't omnipotent, and omnipotence shouldn't be used as a shield in VS debates anyways.

No, I meant nigh omnipotent. Almost omnipotent. But if he isn't either omni nor nigh omni, and has no answer for Golden Key, then I'll side with Battler for the win.
Chef_Banchou
Chef_Banchou

Back to top Go down

Post by dhalsim Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:32 pm

Chef_Banchou wrote:
dhalsim wrote:

No, I meant nigh omnipotent. Almost omnipotent. But if he isn't either omni nor nigh omni, and has no answer for Golden Key, then I'll side with Battler for the win.

Isn't Battler nigh omni also?
I think the term nigh omnipotent is meaningless honestly.
Beyonder has shown multiversal reality warping feats. No answer for conceptual or meta fictional shenanigans.
dhalsim
dhalsim
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef_Banchou Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:38 pm

dhalsim wrote:
Chef_Banchou wrote:
dhalsim wrote:

Isn't Battler nigh omni also?
I think the term nigh omnipotent is meaningless honestly.
Beyonder has shown multiversal reality warping feats. No answer for conceptual or meta fictional shenanigans.

Well, nigh omnipotence is very questionable for any fictional character...usually, the title can only be granted to any character stated or proven to be directly below their worlds omnipotent, but its still a kind of "meh" title, seeing as Pennywise (from IT) is confirmed nigh omni, yet he would lose to Battler.
Chef_Banchou
Chef_Banchou

Back to top Go down

Post by EVA_01 Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:33 am

The term Nigh-Omni simply means "One who is second only to the Omnipotent". So for example if you are universal, and everyone else was below you, you'd be Nigh-Omnipotent in your own verse; so in a battle of this caliber the term Nigh-Omni doesn't mean much.

I'd say Battler takes, being the Endless Sorcerer using the Golden Key I'd say he beats Beyonder, who really doesn't have much showings in terms of conceptual attacks, if any.
EVA_01
EVA_01
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dhalsim Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:49 am

EVA_01 wrote:The term Nigh-Omni simply means "One who is second only to the Omnipotent". So for example if you are universal, and everyone else was below you, you'd be Nigh-Omnipotent in your own verse; so in a battle of this caliber the term Nigh-Omni doesn't mean much.

I'd say Battler takes, being the Endless Sorcerer using the Golden Key I'd say he beats Beyonder, who really doesn't have much showings in terms of conceptual attacks, if any.

Honestly, no comic character does, at least on the level of Battler.
dhalsim
dhalsim
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by EVA_01 Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:04 pm

dhalsim wrote:
EVA_01 wrote:The term Nigh-Omni simply means "One who is second only to the Omnipotent". So for example if you are universal, and everyone else was below you, you'd be Nigh-Omnipotent in your own verse; so in a battle of this caliber the term Nigh-Omni doesn't mean much.

Agreed, comics mainly concern themselves with big booms and reality warping, haven't seen that much conceptual hax.
EVA_01
EVA_01
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dhalsim Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:13 pm

EVA_01 wrote:
dhalsim wrote:

Agreed, comics mainly concern themselves with big booms and reality warping, haven't seen that much conceptual hax.

Even their reality warping focuses too much on energy attacks rather than reality warping. Like Franklin Richards for example.
dhalsim
dhalsim
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by EVA_01 Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:14 pm

dhalsim wrote:
EVA_01 wrote:
dhalsim wrote:

Even their reality warping focuses too much on energy attacks rather than reality warping. Like Franklin Richards for example.

Oh my god FINALLY someone actually gets it. You know your stuff.
EVA_01
EVA_01
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dhalsim Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:16 pm

EVA_01 wrote:
dhalsim wrote:
EVA_01 wrote:
dhalsim wrote:

Yep. Comic characters are very hyped. Even Living Tribunal uses generic energy blasts in his fights! If you have to resort to physical attacks, you're not that powerful/not that great of a reality warper.
dhalsim
dhalsim
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by EVA_01 Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:18 pm

dhalsim wrote:
EVA_01 wrote:
dhalsim wrote:
EVA_01 wrote:
dhalsim wrote:

Yep. Comic characters are very hyped. Even Living Tribunal uses generic energy blasts in his fights! If you have to resort to physical attacks, you're not that powerful/not that great of a reality warper.

Completely agree man. Marvel/DC characters especially get overhyped way too much.
EVA_01
EVA_01
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Gio Gio Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:45 pm

Novel Kars>DC and Marvel lel
Gio Gio
Gio Gio
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurohige Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:48 pm

I think some people haven't read a lot of comics involving said reality warpers since they actually do have a lot of instances of reality warping, especially when one has the infinity gauntlet. Marvel/DC has had their omniverse created, destroyed, altered many times on a whim on many different occasions. Plus, if you are a reality warper you can do whatever you want, that's kind of a perk, you can do what you want, how you want and get the results you want. Them choosing to fire a blast doesn't mean that they are bad warpers. And despite my bias against most comics even I will admit that in terms of actual feats they blow most anime/manga/novels out the water since they actually show and have the author explain what is going on. I will agree that they are overhyped. Even so characters like Jim Jaspers have destroyed actual concepts and even warped logic, anti monitor as well. Even She Hulk

Shehulk has shown Reality-warping talents. In the John Byrne issues of her second series, She-Hulk somehow realized she was in a comic book and gained the power to talk to readers, interact with the creative team, violate panel borders, and tear through pages and so on.

Even Mxy was scared of some of these guys and they can destroy abstract concepts and logic on a whim. Not to mention both series have quite a handful of reality wapers,gods,omniscient beings to choose from. Doesn't change how I feel about the industry as of late but they are very powerful and have their share of super powerful reality warpers on par with some visual novel characters/web comics. Same can be said for Archie comics.
Kurohige
Kurohige
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurohige Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:55 pm

Gio Gio wrote:Novel Kars>DC and Marvel lel
As huge a Jojo fan as I am (Hell I'm pretty active on the Bizarre Community site, and own a pretty big collection)
Novel Kars is not above all of Marvel and DC, he would be high tier but event hen there are quite a few above him. Besides after a while they IS a limit to how powerful can be, after a bit no matter how overpowered a character appears the best they can hope for again top tier reality wapers is a draw. There is no one characters in fiction that is above the rest, multiple sure, but no one single being.
Kurohige
Kurohige
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Gio Gio Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:58 pm

Good point but he'd be drawing with alot of peeps and copying alot of peeps.
I feel like he's a suped up version of Protege. He'd draw but he'd have a shit ton of powers at his disposal.
Gio Gio
Gio Gio
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurohige Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:21 pm

Yeah but kars needs to copy/absorb to use those abilities, that's not quite as impressive as someone who can just imagine themselves to have said ability and use it whenever. Kars has to basically level up to do all that when other characters do that and more on a whim without getting their hands dirty.
Kurohige
Kurohige
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next