Othus Vice
Welcome to the Vice!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Othus Vice
Welcome to the Vice!
Othus Vice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you recommend manga for me ?

5 posters

Go down

Do you recommend manga for me ? Empty Do you recommend manga for me ?

Post by X_Wtcher_3000 Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:57 pm

Hi guys Smile Smile Smile

So here is my issue:

I am a guy who loves to watch anime, I also like to read comic books.

For some time now, I have been thinking to start collecting and reading manga, but

I have one problem, and that is I think that manga is a spoiler.

I have never read a manga in my life, but I am attracted to, and every time I get the urge to

pick up one, I remember that I have a number of episodes that I need to watch.

Do you think this idea about manga is correct ?

X_Wtcher_3000
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Do you recommend manga for me ? Empty Re: Do you recommend manga for me ?

Post by Othus Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:53 pm

mangas are not spoilers IMO. sometimes the manga is actually better than the anime quality wise. you should give it a try.
Othus
Othus
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

https://othusvice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by X_Wtcher_3000 Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:55 pm

Othus wrote:mangas are not spoilers IMO. sometimes the manga is actually better than the anime quality wise. you should give it a try.

Well, I like to think that the anime is a separate universe and the manga is a separate universe.

That way I can read manga without thinking about the anime.

Do you think this is a good idea ?

X_Wtcher_3000
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by deadman323 Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:30 pm

manga is much better than anime
deadman323
deadman323
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Othus Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:49 pm

X_Wtcher_3000 wrote:
Othus wrote:mangas are not spoilers IMO. sometimes the manga is actually better than the anime quality wise. you should give it a try.

Well, I like to think that the anime is a separate universe and the manga is a separate universe.

That way I can read manga without thinking about the anime.

Do you think this is a good idea ?

that is true for some animes and mangas but its not a rule. there are some animes that are very close to the manga.

honestly the first time i tried manga i wasnt THAT impressed. that was until i started noticing differences, the animations werent done properly or they took a shit ton of time and that pissed me off. eventually i ended up liking manga more than anime simply because the manga is made to please the reader while the anime often puts that aside in order to meet the 25ish minute mark each chapter must last. a big advantage i see is that you can be up to par with the series you like the most and you will not be spoiled anymore so that's great IMO. plus you'll be able to debate better here lol.
Othus
Othus
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

https://othusvice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowchaos Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:54 pm

Manga is way better then anime. And to settle your problems just read manga with no anime adaptation or a with unfinished adaptations. Like Deadman Wonderland only covered half of the series as a anime with 12 episodes. To get the full story you have to read the manga.
shadowchaos
shadowchaos
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by domestos Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:08 pm

i can understand thinking that anime is better than manga. sometimes it is imo. if the animating team does a faithful and well made adaption then i'll definitely enjoy it more because i get to see everything in motion. the only problem is that quite often the anime aren't good adaptations, especially for popular series so a lot of the time the manga is actually going to be better.

i'd recommend just for starters only reading the manga for any series that are still ongoing. if theres an anime for a series and its already finished and covers the entire story then you might as well just watch that provided its good enough of course. Most long running series produced by toei are pretty garbage compared to the manga like one piece and toriko. aside from the movies of course.

but if you're into things like naruto, bleach, fairy tail and the 2 mentioned above you should definitely read the manga. It might be a little slow waiting for a new chapter every week but at least while you're bulk reading trying to catch up its quite enjoyable. especially bleach. those chapters can be quite short.
domestos
domestos
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down